with Kathy Altman
October 28-30, 2016
Mountain View Masonic Hall
Mountain View, CA
Standing up is not a one-time event – it takes fortitude. In relationships, at work, in conversation, with our own habits, we are called to stand up again and again, in matters big and small. Often we have to stand alone. And anyone who has been in a long term relationship (parent, friend, child, partner) knows the power of learning the right moment to “stand down” when conflicts arise.
So how do we embody this necessary practice? In this weekend workshop we will mine the innate wisdom of our bodies to investigate:
- Who do we stand behind, beside?
- Where are we afraid to stand up?
- What won’t we stand for anymore?
- How do we stand our ground when the ground is shaking?
Let’s ask the questions together and allow our bodies to answer.
Friday: 6:30-9:30 PM ♦ Saturday: 11 AM – 6 PM ♦ Sunday: 11 AM – 5 PM
- This workshop counts for 14 elective hours and prerequisite hours towards the Open Floor Teacher Training.
- 20 hours of instructed conscious dance practice (i.e. Open Floor, 5Rhythms, Soul Motion, Movement Medicine, etc.) is required to register for this workshop.
$235 paid in full by September 30, 2016 ($265 thereafter)
Additional discounts apply for IMCTA Members, Open Floor Teachers and Open Floor Teachers in Training.
To register by Check or Money Order:
Mail your payment along with your full contact information (name, address, email, phone) to:
268 Ada Ave.
Mountain View, CA 94043
If you need more information, please email or call 408.829.7366.
Cancellation up to 30 days before an event: refund minus a $25 fee
Cancellation 14-29 days before the event: refund minus a $50 fee
No refunds less than 14 days from the start of a workshop
Any fees paid can be applied to a future program minus a $50 administration fee